Top 5 Ways to Keep Your Heart Healthy
Ready to start your heart health journey? Here are the top 5 ways to keep your heart healthy:
- Increase your intake of fruits and vegetables – Instead of eating processed snack foods, snack on vegetables such as carrots, snow peas, or cherry tomatoes along with a spicy hummus dip or peanut butter.
- Quit smoking, vaping and tobacco use. – Lower your risk for heart disease, stroke, and improve your health.
- Manage Stress – In the United States, one in two adults reported COVID-19 has negatively impacted mental health. Reduce stress for a healthier version of you.
- Sleep – Your sleeping habits can have an effect on your health. It is recommended to get 7-9 hours of sleep per night to wake up feeling energized and prepared for the day ahead.
- Mental Health and Well-Being – Our mental health is just as important as our physical health. It affects how we think, feel, and act. For your next mental health activity, try practicing gratitude, meditating, and going outdoors with family and friends.