Salad with Persimmons and Beetroot Dressing
Looking for a festive fall salad to add to your next family gathering? Look no further! This salad with persimmons and beetroot dressing is sure to be a crowd favorite. This salad is full of crunch from the persimmons and almonds and has a flavorful beet dressing.
- Remove the stem and leaves (calyx) of the fuyu persimmon and discard.
- Peel them. Cut one persimmon into 8 wedges and slice the other into large wheels.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the mixed leaves, 1 tsp of olive oil, salt and pepper to taste and massage the leaves gently.
- In a small fry pan, dry toast the almond flakes for 2 minutes. Toss as you go, so they don’t just burn on one side.
- Cut the apple in half and slice thinly. Keep it intact.
- Cut dried apricot into small bites.
How to Make the Beetroot Dressing:
- Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil. Add the large beetroot and boil for 20-25 minutes until soft. Remove, peel and cut into small pieces.
- Using a hand blender, blitz the beetroot, juice of ½ lemon, 2 tbsp olive oil, pomegranate molasses, red wine vinegar and some salt to taste.
- Pour beetroot salad dressing into a small bottle or nice bowl. The dressing is to be added by your guests when they have served themselves some salad.